If you are new to NetBet, or have been with us for a while but haven’t checked back with the T&Cs in ages, it’s important to give this policy a read, making sure you understand everything. As long as you have a NetBet account with us, keep coming back every so often for updates and to keep the information fresh in your mind. If we ever make any big changes to the policy, we will get in touch with you and let you know.
Who we are
NetBet, as the data controller, determines the purposes and means of processing your information.
For general queries, please get in touch with our Customer Support team via phone, e-mail or live chat.
For more specific questions regarding your personal information or how we use it, our Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be reached at [email protected]
You can find useful information about how to exercise your rights in the section “Your rights concerning your Personal Data” below.
Information we collect
The personal information (“Personal Data”) about you that we collect includes:
• Information that you provide us during the account registration process for any of our products and services (‘Services’) and any additional information you submit through your use of our Services, for example on any forums, chat rooms, comment sections or in response to quizzes and questionnaires.
• Your interactions with our customer support team (e.g. chat, phone calls, e-mails).
• Details of any transactions you carry out with us, such as payments, withdrawals and wagers.
• Details of your participation in our surveys or promotions and your communications through our Services, including our social media channels.
• Data from the device you use to access and use Services. For example, mobile network information, location data, IP address, browser type, hardware model, operating system and version, software and unique device identified.
• Your response to marketing campaigns, from us or through our third parties i.e. when you open/click on such e-mails.
• Your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through our social media accounts.
How we use your data
We use the information we collect from you to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new ones and to protect NetBet and yourself. We also use this information to offer you tailored content, like sending you more relevant promotional offers.
We use your data to:
• setup, validate and manage your account
• improve customer support and training
• verify your identity
• process payment information
• communicate account and services information
• ensure you are using the version of NetBet that corresponds to your location
• verify your age and the accuracy of your registration details (including disclosing information to a third party)
• improve your experience with the website, offering product and service relevant to your interests. This is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in delivering or presenting relevant content to our customers.
• promote marketing and events (unless you decide to withdraw your consent to it, which you can do through your account. Please allow up to 48 hours for any changes you make to your marketing preferences to be fully processed.)
• evaluate and manage any risks to our business
• to research and diagnose our internal system issues, develop and improve our websites and their features.
• Uphold licensing and legal obligations, such as Responsible Gambling, Anti Money Laundering, Age Verification, Prevention of Fraud and to ensure the integrity of sporting events
• Other purposes: We may be required to use and retain personal information for loss prevention and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Please note that, unless you give us your prior written consent and/or you do not opt out to marketing communications, we will process personal data for marketing purpose as we see necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services. We may publish players’ aliases and/or chat names, along with any winnings and prizes received, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Data Transfer Outside the EEA (European Economic Area)
We will only transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA where:
• You have given your explicit consent, or
• it is necessary for us to set up or fulfil a contract you have entered into with us, or
• to comply with a legal duty or obligation.
If we do transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA, within the NetBet group or to our business partners, we will take measures to ensure it is protected to the same standards as it would be within the EEA by relying on one of the following:
• The country that is receiving your Personal Data has been found by the European Commission to offer the same level of protection as the EEA. More information can be found on the European Commission website.
• We will use contracts that require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the same standards as it would be within the EEA.
• When the transfer is to the USA and the recipient is registered with Privacy Shield. Privacy Shield is a framework that ensures Personal Data is protected to a level approved by the EU. Read more about Privacy Shield on the European Commission website.
In some instances we may be compelled by law to disclose your Personal Data to a third party and may have limited control over how it is protected by that party.
Your rights concerning your Personal Data
We will advise you if you choose to exercise any of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, including:
• Withdrawing your previously granted consent, however, this will not invalidate any previously consented processes
• Lodging a complaint with any relevant Supervisory Authority
• Access to your Personal Data that we hold or process
• The correction of any Personal Data that is incorrect or out of date
• The erasure of any Personal Data that we process, when there is no compelling reason to continue processing it
• Restricting the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances
• Right to data portability, that enables you to ask us to provide you or another company you nominate with some of your Personal Data
• The right to object to any processing data where we are doing it for our own legitimate interests, although we may continue to process your data when there are compelling legitimate grounds or in connection with any legal claims
• The right not to be subject to a decision made entirely by an automated process. This means you can request that we involve a person in the decision-making process.
Information from third parties
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites, in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. This keeps the data up-to-date and accurate, provides you with products and services relevant to your interests and improve your experience with our services.
Facebook will share some of your user information if you ever choose to log into one of our services through them. We will use these details during the registration process or for marketing purposes.
Who we share your information with
We may use services offered by trusted third parties to process your information. These services include customer support, information technology, payments, sales, marketing, data analysis, research and surveys.
We may also share your personal information with the following organisations to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations:
• Law enforcement agencies, regulators and other authorities
• Credit reference agencies (for further details about the Credit Reference Agency and the information it holds, please click the following link
• Fraud prevention agencies
• Identity verification agencies
• Sports governing bodies
• Organisations that introduce you to us
• Third parties you ask us (or permit us) to share your data with
We will ensure that your Personal Data is protected and only used for reasonable purposes.
We will store your data as long as you remain a customer with us.
If you stop being a customer with us, we will keep your data for the minimum length of time required to fulfil any purpose set out in this policy and any relevant legal or regulatory obligations.
For the unregulated jurisdictions, where we are not subject to legal or regulatory requirements and we do not have any risk management reason for retaining your information for a longer period, your information will not be kept for longer than 7 years after your account is closed. Please note that we may be required in certain circumstances to retain your information indefinitely (for example under our procedures on responsible gambling and self- exclusion). We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained for the complete period of retention.
We understand that online security and data protection is an area of vital importance for all of our customers, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the security of your personal details before you register an account. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. Our technological security solutions are very advanced and are governed by a mature framework.
Our approach is focused on preventing risks. In order to help us in this regard, we adopt robust procedures and technologies to reduce the impact of any potential incidents. As the security of some communications via the internet are not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the complete security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the internet security implications of using the internet and the NetBet Group will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.
Cookies are text files stored on your web browser. They enable us to identify you when you visit our website. Cookies collect some of your personal data when you use our site in order to improve your online experience.
We use different kinds of cookies:
Strictly necessary: these cookies enable you to navigate the sites and also enable us to provide you the content that you have requested. If you decide to opt-out of these cookies you will not be able to access the main functions of our websites, such as placing bets or access to your account. These cookies are valid until you close the browser, after which they will be deleted.
Examples of these types of cookies are:
- Positioning the content on your device or screen, so that you can navigate on our website
- Remembering and updating your selection during a live session until it is placed
Functionality: these cookies recognize you when you log into the website and can remember the choices you make, so that we can improve and personalise your experience, providing you many features, such as resetting your PIN. You can still use our website if you opt-out of receiving them, but you will find it more difficult to use some features, such as keeping you logged in our website. They expire after a maximum 2 years, but they can be deleted earlier.
Examples of these types of cookies are:
- Remembering your preferences and settings
- Showing you ‘related article’ links, depending on the information you look at
Performance/Analytical: these cookies collect information about the use of the website by people who visit it and how the site performs. So that we can improve the performance of our website, these cookies collect the information without identifying you and some of them may be used by third parties, which, however, will not be to identify you. You can opt-out of receiving these cookies and be able to use our website without compromising all of its features. Their validity may differ, but they can be deleted at any point.
Examples of these types of cookies are:
- Knowing how many times a page has been viewed
- Providing statistics on how our websites are used
- Seeing how our content and ads are effective
- Improving the user experience
Examples of these type of cookies are:
- Collecting information about your browser’s usage in order to target website content and adverts
- Delivering content and marketing communication tailored to your interests
- Performing search retargeting, which on the basis of your browsing activities allows our adverts to be displayed on third party websites
You can change your cookie settings at any moment, clicking on ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser or otherwise use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.